Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend Wrap-up: What Sarah Wore

Every so often I have a week of what I think are a few pretty fabulous outfits. Well this was one of those weeks.  Unfortunately, I only captured one OOTD on Instagram (oops) to share with the world.  So I decided two things --
  1. I should instagram my OOTD every time I'm proud enough to show it off.  
  2. Every Sunday, I'll do a weekend recap post called "What Sarah Wore." 

Some people have whole blogs devoted to the fashion decisions they make on a daily basis... Though I do consider myself a fashionista of sorts, I could not have a blog like that. Some mornings I wake up, shower, throw on the first thing I see and leave the house with wet hair and no makeup.  Those are not days I consider myself a fashionista, those are the days I consider myself lucky if I arrive to work on time.  So here's my week in outfits, namely the three ensembles I was particularly proud of.  All three involve the same necklace and shoes -- sign me up for the "I really love my..." story in the next issue of US Weekly.

On Sunday I bought my pink jeans from Old Navy, so of course I had to wear them as soon as possible.  I paired them with a shell from Forever 21 and my beloved Gap Jean Jacket. 
 


On Firday, the weather was weird and dreary, but not cold, so I decided I would put together the most sunshiney outfit I could to brighten my mood.  I'm glad I did, because by the afternoon it was a glorious spring day.  Nothing says spring sunshine like Lilly Pulitzer and a sherbet-colored cardigan.  Ahhh I love how the rules of white clothing after Labor Day and before Easter basically don't apply in Florida.

On Saturday, the high here in Tampa Bay was 90 - yes, NINETY degrees.  I had a jam-packed day with the studio including a flexibility workshop and a dance competition with some of our most advanced dancers. Needless to say, I needed my outfit to be flexible.  I bought this amazing jumper at Marshall's for only $19.99. I must say it's probably among the best $20 purchases of my life. SO comfy and still presentable. (I got tons of compliments!) It has elastic around the waist, but I don't think many people can pull off the elastic waist look, so I cinched it with a braided belt and went on my merry way. 

---------

Also, very exciting this weekend, I met The College Prepster in REAL life.  We had coffee on Sunday morning and talked all about our college adventures and the nuances of South Tampa life.  It was WONDERFUL to meet Carly face-to-face... and even better was that it was the day after the Sarah Anne Watson Design giveaway went live on the blog.  It's still going on, too.  3 lucky soon-to-be-graduates will win a custom graduation announcement designed by yours truly.  You can enter here

To those of you who have already entered, and have shown me so much Twitter love.  THANK YOU A MILLION. I am so honored and humbled by this wonderful response! 

Allright, I'm off. This week I will be working HARD to get blogs posted in the AM, which means writing them the night before.  I want to make a habit of it, how long does that take?  Bear with me y'all, I love you, but I'm new at this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment