Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March!


It's my (second) favorite month of the year y'all!!
The shamrocks have come out! You see them everywhere in FL in the Spring! (Image via Pinterest)


So it's not November (the spectacular month of fall festivals, my birthday and THANKSGIVING), but it's March -- which is second-best! I love the month of March. Mostly because it means February is over and everyone will stop talking about love and start talking about being Irish!  I have pale skin, freckles, green eyes and I'm a Ginger... so yes, indeed, I am Irish.  As such, I feel the need to treat St. Patrick's Day as more of a festivus than a single day of celebration.  So the following images will help you understand what I am looking forward to this month...

1. A few more spring showers before the summer thunderstorms start.

Image via Pinterest

2.  Two of my best friend's birthdays!  (Hey there, Yamster and Gracie-Lou! Welcome to the 23-year-old club!)  The photos below were both taken on their 21st birthdays...



3. Spring in Florida means it's like Summer except it's actually nice outside.  We'll get in a few days of spectacular weather before the pervasive, sticky, nasty misery that is summer heat and humidity sets in.  Maybe I'll even make it to the beach a few times!

Image via Pinterest
4.  March used to be the month of Spring Break!  This year, it will merely be the month that a select few get to have a Spring Break, but I hope to see one of my other besties, Boe, when she comes home from Rochester for a week... She's an opera singer, one day, she'll be famous and she says I'll be her personal assistant... CROSS YOUR FINGERS!  Lol.  (In trying to find a picture to share of Boe and myself, I only found ONE where neither of us were making a face AND we weren't in costume... This says a lot about our friendship.)


5. Also, toward the end of the month THE BEST THING SINCE THE HARRY POTTER MOVIES CAME OUT will come to theaters in the glorious form of THE HUNGER GAMES MOVIE!  Come on, tell me you are not all wrapped up in the Katniss, Gale, Peeta love triangle while fighting to the death to save your own life madness!!! I mean... I know they were written for teenagers, but I can't help loving them!
Image via Pinterest

6. AND OF COURSE!  St. Patrick's Day.  This year I might very likely be dancing an Irish Folk Dance at an Irish festival here in Tampa.  You might be thinking to yourself, hmm that's interesting that she's an Irish dancer... BUT I'M NOT.  I was recruited by a team of Irish dancers who rehearse at the dance studio where I teach.  Apparently one of their dancers cannot make the event, so they recruited me to fill her spot -- I must look Irish or something?  Either way, they have a lot of faith in me to think I can learn an Irish jig or two in 3 weeks!

 
Perhaps a bit of Riverdance is in my future?

Anyway, welcome to my second-favorite month of the year... it's gonna be a good one.  For good measure, it's my goal to wear green everyday... Just kidding (My eyes are green, obvi, I'm all set.) 

Image via Pinterest/Inslee by Design

No comments:

Post a Comment