Thursday, April 19, 2012

Much to be excited about!

Hello sweet friends... 

I've been gone quite a while.  I've made some comebacks, and I've made some promises to keep posting, and you know what, I just couldn't keep them.  Maybe graduation season is going to have to be a less-blogging-more-designing kind of season for me.  Thanks for bearing with me.

An update on my grandfather brings wonderful news... He's doing great. PRAISE THE LORD.  Every time I speak to him on the phone he sounds better and better.  He's coping well with the dialysis, and we are ever so grateful for the continued love and support of our extended family and friends.  THANK YOU.

Tonight I did something very exciting... I launched the new logo for Sarah Anne Watson Design.  Tomorrow I pick up my new business cards with my BEAUTIFUL (if I do say so myself) new logo on them... I can barely contain my excitement.  Sooo... without further ado, here she is:

The whole idea to rebrand has been in the back of my head for quite a while.  My old logo and design scheme was just a continuation of a project I did while in school.  And, while it was great for it's original purpose, it was not the look and feel that I wanted to represent my brand.  I am so in love with the new look, I can't even contain it.

And you may have noticed that Praise at the City Gate has gotten a makeover as well... It's well on it's way, but the current look is merely temporary.  The plan is for this blog to eventually become a section of my website, but it will certainly still be devoted to the same topics. 

With that said, I have some even more magnificent news to share.  I will be attending the Making Things Happen conference in Atlanta in May!  I have followed the work of Ms. Lara Casey and Mrs. Emily Ley for a couple years now, and I've participated in their Making Brands Happen Webinar, but I can't wait to spend some solid time working on a plan to not only make my dreams come true, but to help others do the same thing, too!  (MTH/ATL2012 I love you already!)  I absolutely, positively, without a doubt, have never been more fired up about ANYTHING in my whole entire 23 years and 5 months of existense. NEVER, I tell you. Not even when I saw *NSYNC in concert 3 times. In the rain.  Not even then was I this excited.  Nope. Not even JT beatboxing while wearing a bedazzled bandana over white boy cornrows got me this worked up.

Y'all my dreams are coming true.... It's happening.  

So I leave you with this...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." - Marianne Williamson

Do me a favor friends... Do one thing today that gets you one step closer to living the life of your dreams.  Make a to-do list.  Make a bucket list.  Or maybe today is the first day you don't make a to-do list and instead you fly by the seat of your pants. (May the force be with you.) Go on, get after it. Getcha some. Live your dreams.

2 comments: