Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Current Obsession: Colored Denim

So when I find a trend I like, I tend to attach myself to it pretty hardcore.  Case in point: my recent purchase of two pairs of colored denim from Old Navy.  ($19 on sale, pretty much justifies the purchase of two of the same item, don't you think?)

My color choices were the royal blue and fuschia... and I'm already considering buying the green if I can track them down.  You can find them online here, but they're $32.50 when you buy them online.



So far I've worn both pairs with the same chambray top from  J. Crew and the same necklace sort of like this one. (That just occurred to me!)  But, I also wore this top from Old Navy with the blue pair,  I have it in red with dogs printed on it, but the navy would go well with the pink, and its printed with cats! (So I guess you can choose based on which pet you like more.)

The jeans from Old Navy (again, on sale for $19 in stores!) are a bit of a cropped length, so they look great with flats or Jack Rogers (my personal favorite are the gold ones).  On a rather cool day, I did wear them with my classic Minnetonka moccasins

My next goal is to wear them with a plain white tank top, a jean jacket and a statement necklace -- a big departure from what I've already done... not.  But, hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right? 

How do y'all wear your colored denim?  Which are your favorite colors for Spring and Summer?  I must admit, I'm coveting this mint green pair from Urban Outfitters, for a cool $58.

1 comment:

  1. I'm rocking the sorority T-shirts with my colored jeans...because I'm still an undergraduate, and thus this is still an acceptable wardrobe. =]

    ReplyDelete