Monday, February 27, 2012

Chevrons, inspirational quotes and getting back in the action...

Believe it or not, I don't believe in speaking if you don't have anything worthwhile to add to the conversation -- and for a good long time, I haven't had anything to say.  Better yet, I hadn't been willing to find anything to say.  I didn't want blogging to be work, I wanted it to be an outlet.  Now, I know that if you want an outlet, you should get a journal; if you want to blog, be ready to work.

I've done months of research -- okay, reading lots of blogs that have inspired me to find my voice and write my blog, not only as an outlet, but as a true example of my love of all things creative and stylish. And, believe me, I find ways to incorporate a LOT of things into that category.

There's not a job in the world that would allow me to do all of the things I love all at the same time -- mostly because you'd have to be crazy to try.  So now, I think I'm taking on the task of creating a blog that seemingly lacks direction, but truly its only direction is to allow me to be the jack-of-all-trades that I am on a day-to-day basis.  No two days will be the same, and in the span of a week, I'll probably cover anything from music to makeup, dance to denim, or weddings to washing my hair. Get ready, I certainly hope it's a fun ride.

I'd like to have started this venture on a nice even round number; you know, like the first of the month.  March 1st however, is a Thursday, and that just didn't make any sense to me.  So here we are on a Monday -- yes, it's Fenruary 27th -- but it's a nice round, even day to start things off.  Let's get this thing going.

......

I have recently decided to make myself official.  I started a fan page on facebook (www.facebook.com/sarahannewatsondesign) for my side (read: Favors for Friends) business, where I create custom designs for personal branding, stationery, invitations and announcements.  Anyway, in the process, I've gained a few tasks, and had to take a night to myself last Friday to get them all done!  (yay!) After working my brain overtime, I found myself in a need of a bit of reckless abandon -- so I threw some inspirational quotes, chevrons and ombre together, and I think I made a bit of magic.  

Enjoy.  Feel free to print them out and use them in your homes!  Let me know if you'd like one made with one of your favorite inspirational quotes.

 Love me some Eleanor Roosevelt... hence why she shows up twice in here.

 Be JOYFUL. There is joy in all things... find it.

 I'll probably name a child after this genius one day. I'll call her Ellie. Haven't thought about this in the least...

Many simple things scare the hell out of me... 

 Mother Theresa... Wise, WISE lady.

And there it is... the "full circle" moment.  (Yeah, that's the Oprah in me talking.)

That's all for tonight y'all.  I need beauty sleep.  Tomorrow's post will likely be about my favorite spring trend -- COLORED denim!  Love it.


2 comments: